Monday, November 21, 2022

The Best Affordable Workout Gear for Women

 I don't know about you, but I LOVE workout attire. Give me all the shorts, leggings, joggers, cute sports bras, sweatshirts and I'll be happy as can be. I could wear them everywhere and anywhere. I love sneakers too, especially bright colored ones!  I workout at home and typically workout barefoot, so thankfully this has been a huge savings for me. I prefer to workout in shorts, but where I live it is cold much of the year, so working out at home has been another added benefit as I can continue to wear my favorites. 

What I don't love are the prices that come with the workout clothing. WAY overpriced, am I right? I love Lululemon, Athleta, and NoBull in particular, but the over $100 per a pair of leggings just isn't feasible in my budget these days: 2 kids, inflation, gas prices and groceries sky rocketing.

There are however a couple of inexpensive brands that I consider fairly good. CRZ Yoga is my favorite for all leggings, run shorts, bras, tanks and long sleeves. Colorful Koala has a great selection of leggings as well. Both are a fraction of what Lululemon charges. Both are also fairly good Lulu dupes.

www.crzyoga.com

www.colorfulkoala.com

They are on Amazon too, but ordering from the company itself can often have some sale advantages.

Colorful Koala has great leggings, but I prefer almost everything else at CRZ Yoga, especially their shorts and sports bras. Both have a very wide selection of all workout attire, in a wide range of sizes, colors, and styles. 

Of course Lululemon is in fact better, but these 2 brands hold up quite. You can wear and wash over and over again (I hang them to dry) with no discoloration, shrinking, pilling or the seams coming undone. 

Halara also makes some great options for less money, www.thehalara.com, but these cannot be found on Amazon. I have yet to try this brand, but I am very interested in their joggers. 

I do struggle finding sneakers that are reasonably price. I LOVE NoBulls, mostly for their colors and style, but their pricing is ridiculous. I have 2 pairs that I received as gifts. I love love the look of them, and they hold up well, but the toe box is narrow.  

Reebok often has some GREAT sales, and their Nano's are some of my all time favorite sneakers. Thery can have a good selection of colors depending, and a wider toe box. I need to be able to wiggle my toes! It is supposed to be far better for your feet as well. 

Nike is another fan favorite, and I tried a pair of their Metcons, and I was not a fan at all. Stiff and clunky in my opinion. Great looking sneaker, lots of color schemes, but my feet hated them. 

There are plenty of sneakers out there that you can get on sale on dozens of websites, including Amazon of course, but I am fussy. I prefer a cross trainer. I do not like to workout in running sneakers unless, well, I am going to run. I see too many people working out in running sneakers (often  as they are the ones with the best sales), but they are not good in the weight room or in fitness classes. It is a foot and/or ankle injury waiting to happen. 

Lately I have really been into Joggers. I LIVE in them! I found an extremely inexpensive brand on Amazon (I'm an Amazon junkie) that washes and wears very well, Slim Fit Joggers by Leggings Depot. I got 3 pairs for under $50! Amazon.com: Leggings Depot Women's ActiveFlex Slim-fit Jogger Pants with Pockets-JYL19-BLACK-L : Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry


I have yet to try no front seam leggings, but they will be my next purchase. CRZ yoga makes them, but there is another brand I want to try. www.suuksess.com.

I love the waist band and the v tapered backside. Many leggings have the straight line going across the backside and unless you are bootylicious, I think it can have a pancake look instead of a contoured look. The scrunch butt is also all the rage these days, but seriously?! SO UGLY. It looks like the person's arsehole is on the outside of the pants. Haha.





Have any of you tried these brands? Are there others you like? 

What are some of your favorite brands that don't break the bank?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment