Tuesday, October 18, 2016

More on Fitness Trends - A Women's Perspective, Push-Up Progressions - From 2 Arms to One!

The last post I did on the worst fitness trends was all from MALE counterparts in the industry. Well one female trainer got pretty ticked off by it and got opinions from some of the top females in the industry, and well, here is their input:

http://www.meghancallawayfitness.com/my-blog/the-female-perspective-on-fitness-trends-that-are-downright-ineffective-insulting-and-dangerous

Another interesting read!

I actually like a lot of stuff from Meghan Callaway, but I often don't post much from her because she can be quite political. It doesn't surprise me that she was offended that the original worst fitness trends list was from all men. I just don't think politics belongs on a fitness site, but it's her site and she can do whatever she wants. I'd rather go to a political site for politics though. She often wears tanks making a political statement too. I want to learn fitness tips from her and I want my workouts to be fun. I don't really need to know where she stands on gay rights etc, and what political candidate she hates and why. But that's me. Regardless she is extremely knowledgeable and one STRONG woman. I will continue to be able to learn fitness tips from her.

Here is another extremely knowledgeable and strong woman, Coach Karen Smith. I'll tell you, many men could learn from these women and I bet they are stronger than most!
I LOVED this article and video clips on push-ups. Whether or not you are trying to get more efficient at regular push-ups or progress to one arm, these are great tips with visuals. She recommends elevated push-ups over ones on the knees to make you stronger. Take a look:

https://www.girlsgonestrong.com/blog/strength-training/women-can-nail-one-arm-push-ups/




9 comments:

  1. I think it's interesting that the women are so critical of their clients. Going so far as to"refuse to train them" if their goals don't align with the trainer's goals. Let's take it back for a second and understand that in a nation where obesity and health related problems that arise from that are rampant, the fact that people are showing up to the gym and want to work out should be respected. They want to sweat or feel sore or be entertained with loud music? Let them. They're the small percent that actually caRe to invest their time at the gym. Also, the notion that you're wasting your time unless your form and program and neural pathways are perfect is bullshit. I realize it's a science, but let's give some credit to your average person who chooses to show up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, interesting! What did you think of the males perspectives?

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciated a lot of their comments, especially the trainer who rejects the over-quantification of everything. I read once that women are obsessed with form to the point that they won't go heavy enough to challenge their bodies, while men don't give a care and will lift as heavy as they are able to physically move. There has to be a middle ground somewhere. I was at the gym once when a woman pointed out to a man who was lifting that "if you dont push from your heels that exercise is pointless." His form was not perfect for the muscles she probably thought he should be targeting, but he was far from bad form to the point he could get injured. Comments like that are not helpful. Just as adherence to specific rest periods or tempo as if it's religion aRe also a bit much for your average person who is not training for a competition of any kind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess my point is that for an amateur, sometimes good enough is good enough and there's no reason to be tedious. The gym must be enjoyable and not an exercise in listening to how anything other than perfection is a waste of your time. It's not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. From the workout to the store and then on to home these compressing little tubes of greatness keep on pushing through. Enjoy the comfort of the work out gear material and the look of perfection as they give that awesome yoga butt you have been working for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, I'm here to introduce someone to you all, his name is Dr.Ekpen Temple a spell caster that help me restored my broken relationship, I saw an article on the Internet someone talking about him how he help her in her relationship, today I'm a beneficial of that article, so that is why I'm also talking about how he has helped me so that someone out there that is facing the same challenge can also contact him for help. Here is DR EKPEN TEMPLE contact info: (ekpentemple@gmail.com) or on Whatsapp number 2347050270218.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I just happened to come across this post. This is Meghan Callaway. First of all, I am glad that you enjoy my posts. In terms of politics, I am entitled to my opinion on my page, but I keep my political posts to a minimum. I would estimate that less than 1% of my posts are politically inspired, and the other 99% of my posts consist of FREE fitness advice that I could easily be charging money for. If you don't want to share my info based on the few political posts I make/have made, that is unfortunate, but I won't lose any sleep over it. For the record, I have never talked about ''hating'' any one politician (that is your interpretation), and my stance on gay rights is that gay people are humans who deserve equal rights. That is not offensive, that is basic human decency and compassion. 100% of the population deserves to be treated equally, and with compassion. For the record, I took offense to the article where females were excluded as this is a common trend in the fitness industry, and many coaches males agree. This is not me getting political, it is me wanting equal representation for females so women and girls have more female role models to look up to, and so the female coaches get the recognition they deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to thank Dr.Agbazara for his job in my family, this is man who left me and the kids for another woman without any good reasons, i was pain and confuse,till one day when i was browsing through the internet with my computer then i saw Dr.Agbazara contact, then i contaced him and he help me cast a reunion spell, since I then the situation has changed, everything is moving well, my husband who left me is now back to his family. reach DR.AGBAZARA TEMPLE via email if you have any relationship problem at:

    ( agbazara@gmail.com )
    OR whatsapp or call him on +2348104102662

    ReplyDelete