Saturday, November 12, 2016

Train That Booty!

Sorry guys - with Halloween, the Election here in the US and my new job, I have not had much time to post.

I have barely looked at Zuzka's site AT ALL. I did just see a new peanut butter cup recipe that she posted that looks yummy, but God that woman uses Almond Flour in EVERYTHING. She uses too much nuts and dairy in her recipes for my liking. I know, I know - look at her body. Who cares if she uses all that dairy and nuts? It just doesn't agree with me. I can have some, but not that much!
I was just looking through her FB page and she's got some fun looking exercises going on with her pull-up bar, sliders and the stability ball. She does know how to keep it interesting!

I had a reader post a comment (thanks Denise) on my FB page that I should check out BR.TV's Instagram, so I did, as well as their FB page, and I did not even recognize Lisa in a couple of the videos. She looks so different. I have not been on any of their sites in eons. I think Lisa still does free live workouts on FB, but then you pay for everything else they do? I don't even know anymore.

Another reader mentioned to me (thanks Tracey) to check out Alexia Clark's YouTube page. She has some awesome workouts. I wouldn't be able to walk for DAYS after some of those routines! LOL. But some of you might really love her stuff. You definitely need access to a gym for most of her workouts.

Jacqui Beyer has been doing some photo shoots with Taylor Oakes who both used to do videos for BR.TV and their work is amazing. You can check them both out on Instagram as well as FB. Jacqui has some short videos of workouts as well.

OK, on to the BOOTY work. Bret - one of my favs as you all well know - has a couple of interesting articles out. Do any of you use the Smith Machine at the gym?

Here is an article on how to use it to most effectively train your glutes:
https://bretcontreras.com/training-glutes-on-the-smith-machine/

Bret also has an awesome article on the evolution of the hip thrust (the best booty exercise that there is!):
https://bretcontreras.com/evolution-of-the-hip-thrust-10-year-anniversary/

Also, another great read from Ben Bruno - another one of my favs - on landmine exercises for an overall killer leg workout:
https://bretcontreras.com/evolution-of-the-hip-thrust-10-year-anniversary/

Have a great weekend everybody!

15 comments:

  1. Both Lisa and Sean (and also few others here and there) do daily live workouts on FB and they are pretty good, usually 30 minutes and longer, a lot of strength based workouts with less cardio...and surprisingly almost no burpees :) You have to pay for other workouts, but I think most people would be fine with just those live ones. You can have a 60 minute long workout daily, if you combine Sean´s and Lisa´s videos.
    I like Jacqui and her photoshoots look good, I am wondering if they will lead to something more, like promotion of her own website, training, or something else..
    And Bret is simply THE star when it comes to glutes building :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gina!

    I think the world can't believe who we voted in as president, but at least we can always control our bodies!

    I haven't been the biggest fan of BR in the past, but I'm blown away by the live workouts- they really seem to work! I'm in college and studying for the MCAT, and since I usually get back from classes at 3, it's the perfect time to join Lisa for a workout! I loved their original 30 day challenge, but their live workouts focus more on strength and less on cardio and I actually prefer them! I'm redoing their 30 day challenge, and I'm always terrified to do them, but the live workouts are more structured with a different body group being attached each day whereas the 30 day challenge (as of right now) is a ton of abs and arms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina, glad you checked alexia out. Did you look at her full routines o youtube. So you think they would be effective as I am thinking of doing them. I wish I had a squat rack. I have smith machine and several barbells. I would have to substitute some stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I'm here to introduce someone to you all, his name is Dr.Ekpen Temple a spell caster that help me restored my broken relationship, I saw an article on the Internet someone talking about him how he help her in her relationship, today I'm a beneficial of that article, so that is why I'm also talking about how he has helped me so that someone out there that is facing the same challenge can also contact him for help. Here is DR EKPEN TEMPLE contact info: ekpentemple@gmail.com or on Whatsapp number +2347050270218.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am still following Zuzka on FB, but I turned off the notifications. All she does is advertise for Zgym. I think she should of course...but when it's JUST that, it feels like I just have commercials coming up all the time from her. It's boring. She has no actual content to her social media. It was never that high of quality, but now it's totally gone down hill. I don't care to see 'this workout int the zgym' and a video clip non-stop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello everyone, i quickly want to talk about someone who help me restore my relationship, I maybe out of the subject but just want people to know about him in case someone out there is facing the same challenge. Dr Ekpen me to bring my lover back, my lover left me because he saw me with my old college friend and he was mad at me never wanted to listen to me and that is why i was looking for a way to solve the problem to cut the story shot my lover is back with the help of Dr. Ekpen you can contact him at ekpentemple@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to thank Dr.Agbazara for his job in my family, this is man who left me and the kids for another woman without any good reasons, i was pain and confuse,till one day when i was browsing through the internet with my computer then i saw Dr.Agbazara contact, then i contaced him and he help me cast a reunion spell, since I then the situation has changed, everything is moving well, my husband who left me is now back to his family. reach DR.AGBAZARA TEMPLE via email if you have any relationship problem at:

    ( agbazara@gmail.com )
    OR whatsapp or call him on +2348104102662

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was juggling to acquire the appropriate shape of my body but each and every time was ending up with empty hands. The other day came across with the site where Fitness tips were given and by implementing on them, I was able to put myself back in perfect shape. I would like to suggest to everyone on the face to give a go once to feel the difference. Fitness tips

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is good to have someone like Dr. Ekpen, his wonderful and powerful is one man that help people with all kinds of problems, if you are facing any challenge you can contact him because God has bless him with power to help. Contact him today at ekpentemple@gmail.com or +2347050270218.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel like it's just ads now on here

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi dear friend....There is no perfect training program in existence, nor does every workout affect everyone in the same way. That said we do have some guides that provide us help, as how to best train for muscle growth. Those that have walked the walk before us discovered them; we use need to lift our heads, open our eyes and spot them.For more details visit-sbg

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi,,,,There are psychological repercussions to illness and we need a little more help to get through the effects not only on the afflicted but on the family. And I think there's even a place for humor in that.Read more-BJJ Laois

    ReplyDelete