Monday, December 5, 2016

Zuzka's New Clothing Line, Some Crazy Workouts, And CrossFit Kumba

HEY everyone! Sorry I have been MIA. Just a super busy time of year, and I am also super busy with my new job!

Have you all seen Zuzka's new clothing line? I am curious - have any of you purchased any of it? Or do any of you plan to? I'm not planning on buying myself anything these days! Just had one kiddo's bday, now it's Christmas, and I have my other kiddo's bday right after Christmas. UGH. I just need a new pair of sneakers.

I have not seen anything super inspiring these days when it comes to workouts. I follow Jillian Michaels on Instagram and she always has a challenge move of the week that is pretty damn cool. Last week she has a pistol squat into a pull-up. That is one crazy move I'd like to try!

I follow Jacqui Beyer on Instagram too and she is always posting her crazy little workouts up there. She did one the other day with a weighted back back on and did step ups for an HOUR. I would not be able to walk for DAYS!

Anyways, at the gym I work at, they have a separate CrossFit gym inside of it, and they do CRAZY workouts every damn day. Thought some of you might want to take a look and see what they do. A couple of the CrossFit coaches are damn good looking too so that always helps. Ha ha ha. They have one female coach who is so super strong it is CRAZY. I think she is stronger than most men I know.

Here is a link to their WOD's if you want to check it out:

http://crossfitkumba.com/crossfit-kumba-wods/

And I'd love to hear from some of you as to what you all have been doing for your workouts these days.

Mine have been strict weight training and yoga. NO cardio. It helps me keep my hunger in check. Less is more sometimes. :)




8 comments:

  1. Hi Gina! Good to see a post from you again. I really enjoy your blog. I do not plan to purchase as of now. I am curious to try the pre workout protein blend though as i am not a morning eater and usually have coffee with some collagen protein from either Ancient Nutrion Bone broth or Bizzie Gold's Golden Ratio and some coconut oil. I would have take my collagen separate with Z's product, but that is no biggie as i really like Great Lakes Gelatin and it is cheap at my nearby store. The clothes look cute but i will wait and see if there is a nice sale in the future. Plus I do not work as much over the winter and i have enough clothes! lol My workouts have mainly been Zgym lately. I moved up to my living room and son's bedroom since the garage gets cold over winter. I have those doorway pull up bars and my kettlebells, DB's, bands and rope in a corner. My workouts have been feeling great and energizing lately, so i am content and happy for now. I enjoy practicing this handstand wall stuff and seeing improvement. I tend to do "too much" so i am going to see where just focusing on the short daily intense workouts take me along with lots of flexibility/stretching stuff as i love stretching. I actually certified in EasyFlexibility and Classical Stretch. lol Do you have an instragram? Mine is my name. I just started playing around with instagram when doing the August challenge with Jill Coleman

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny, I have also pretty much checked out from the fitness world in the last few months. I just do my own little workouts whenever I have time, but I haven't looked at Zuzka's or this page in a while either. It seems like it's not just me that it's in some kind of fitness funk!

    I've actually really gotten into flexibility/contortion lately. I started following this young contortionist called Sofia Venanzetti a while ago, and I find that so inspiring, much more than Zuzka recently. My body is responding amazingly well to the increased stretching, I look a lot more toned. Reducing my workout load has also slimmed me down a bit, especially in the thighs (say what you want, but I have always felt that HIITs have bulked up my thighs the most, even at a low body fat %, and I do not like that look at all).

    I will not purchase anything from the Zstore (good grief, those names). The sweatshirts look cheap (hello cleavage) and I don't really support all the Z-stuff beyond workouts.
    I recently bought a pair of colorblock leggings from a company called Outdoor Voices and I LOVE them. I'm tired of the generic brands. In case anyone is interested in checking them out:

    https://www.outdoorvoices.com/collections/woman-bottom-1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I love flexibility stuff also. Could you check out classical stretch by miranda esmonde white and tell me what you think. I also have been doing Easylexibility stuff. I am pretty flexibile but not super extreme. Does Sofia Venazetti have a site? I will look her up. I did my back bend flexibility Wednesday night and went to work. My stomach was in so much pain i ended up in ER to find out i have a cyst on my ovary. Jeez, i just had a hysterecomy a year ago. Anyways, that could be why my body wasn't responding to the longer harder workouts but is to the shorter intense workouts plus stretching of coarse. Essentrics/classical stretch and the short intense ones seems perfect along with some skill practice. We will see where spring and summer take me.

      Delete
  3. Hey Gina!
    I JUST got a ZGYM membership. I typically do a lot of the Beach Body Programs, I am just kind of looking to incorporate something different in there. I like high intensity workouts and I like a schedule. Like how Beach Body does the calenders with each program, you tell me what I need to do each day & I will get it done! I am a little worried that ZGYM won't be what Im looking for or challenge me enough since the workouts are so short! I am doing like 3 of her workouts, plus a warm and cool down each day. Any other programs out there you might recommend? What are your recent thoughts about ZGYM?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you could look at Lovingfit.com, Rumi Fitness, Melissa Bender, and DailyBurn.com which is a paid one but offers a free month. That one may be more similar to Beach Body.

      Delete
    2. I would recommend Fit Body by Julia. She has YouTube channel,very challenging workouts.

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday to your Kiddo's Gina! Is there any importance of unnecessary workouts? Just kick them out of the routine!
    Thanks for this nice post! Enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great post. I'll be sure to pass it forward to my boyfriend. I recently bought him workout clothes for men from New Balance India.Check it out if you're looking for new ones.

    ReplyDelete